Monday, November 12, 2007

The biggest thing I've ever knit

For as long as I've been crafting, there are times when I just felt led to make something for someone. I've made quilts and knit sweaters. Most of the time, it's not something I would have decided to do of my own accord, but the pull was too strong to ignore. Thus came this rather enormous project. They may not look like much, but they are BIG. 20" waist, 23" rise, 13" thigh, 14" inseam. I've been working steadily on them for 2 months. They are for an online friend, someone I've never met in real life. Her little guy will only wear wool and custom work is expensive for his size. So, I knit these for him. And I'm sending them to her anonymously. Crazy? Maybe. But when the Spirit leads, I need to be obedient to that call.
And for the record, they are knit with 2 1/2 skeins of Peace Fleece in the Sheplova Mushroom color (which is actually dark red, not orange).

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Aw! Did you send those to who I think you sent them to? They are awesome!!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi!

You did such a good job on those longies!! I keep looking at all of the longies finished in Ravelry, and it has really made me want to knit up a pair.

It's nice to meet you, another quiverfull minded mom!

Blessings,

Ali
(Ravelry name Teachingmyown)
www.homeschoolblogger.com/aligirl

6:39 PM  
Blogger Olive Wild said...

That's so sweet! I just started using cloth diapers and want to knit some "jeans" for my 1 1/2 yo. I'm "LittleWoman" on ravelry.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Partyhouse 4 God said...

Can you make me a pair for me? I am an extra extra large!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home