Sunday, February 11, 2007

Custom Longies

I've been keeping busy doing custom orders lately. A very nice mama saw my Valentine longies on HC and wanted a custom pair. She also wanted another pair of flare longies. I had to dye the yarn for the Valentine pair myself. It turned out okay, though not as red as the first pair. I still don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to dyeing. Every skein is a suprise! But overall, the longies turned out pretty. For the record, the yarn is 100purewool merino, dyed with Kool-Aid, with natural merino trim.

Next came the flare pair. The yarn she chose was all in pink, with white trim, so I thought they would come out looking too much like the first pair. But surprise! They look totally different! These were a bit of a trial. Originally she wanted capris, and I figured there would be just enough yarn for them. But at the last minute, she decided on full length pants instead. There was not nearly enough pink for that, but I pressed on. I used every last bit of pink yarn there was. Not an inch remains. I had to go with more white than was originally intended, but I think they turned out cute anyway. These are made with Corriedale wool hand-dyed by Tykie Knits. This yarn is very nice to work with, soft, but more durable/less pilly than merino.

Next on my project schedule, 2 dozen wool chocolates for a swap I'm doing. After that, I think I want to knit something! All this crocheting is getting tiring. I want to knit! On the other hand... I really want to make this cute little crochet horse for Ruby. She likes horsies and wanted a My Little Pony at Walmart the other day. I didn't buy her one, I want to make her one instead. So maybe I'll knit something small then crochet my poor darling a horsie. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home