Sunday, January 28, 2007

Little Mittens

I finally got around to making Ruby some mittens. Poor child hasn't had a pair all winter. Of course, it wasn't all that cold until a couple weeks ago. But now, it's definitely cold out and she needed mittens. So, I went on a mission to find a mitten pattern that didn't take DPN's. I don't have any DPN's and I can't afford to buy any right now. But, Knitting Pattern Central saved the day again! I found a 2-needle mitten pattern for a child. It was supposed to be on size 8's for a 6-8 year old child. Since Boo-boo is only a year & a half, I used size 5's. They turned out to be the perfect size! I used some pink Paton's Merino wool that I had leftover from a longie set. And of course, I added a string to keep track of them. NO WAY was I going to have her lose mittens that mama made! My first pair of mittens ever!

And here's an action shot! I asked Ruby to show me her mittens...

2 Comments:

Blogger revjac said...

Cute mittens! So perfect for Ruby.

Not to appear ignorant, yet I am because I don't knit, but what is a DPN? Just curious.

Love,
Mom

5:14 AM  
Blogger Sharmista said...

Double point needles. You need them to do small circular things, like socks and mittens. :-)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home