Monday, January 15, 2007

Calorimetry Again...and Again

I'm having fun with knitty's Calorimetry pattern! I finished another 2, one for me, and one for Teagan. First, Teagan's... His is actually a face mask. I added 2 rows to the outside of each edge, making it wider so it covers his nose, mouth and chin. It's made of 100purewool merino wool, so it's soft and warm. I don't know the name of the colorway, but it looks like camoflauge.

Then I made one for myself. I used yarn that I got in a swap for this one. It's 60% wool and 40% silk. The silk part is recycled Indian saris. It's really gorgeous. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. This yarn was much thicker than the purewool. I would call the purewool a light worsted, but this was more of a bulky worsted. I was going to cast on 100, but ended up casting on 88 because of the thickness of it. 88 stitches barely fit on my 14" needles! I don't think I messed up much on this one! LOL It looks good. It's thick though, and kind of stiff. The yarn isn't terribly soft, but it's warm and it looks nice. And here I am modeling...
I'm working on another pair of longies to stock on my HC tomorrow, and making myself some legwarmers on the Knifty Knitter. It's cold in Wisconsin! I don't have time to knit them properly, and the loom is so fast. I also have a baby gift to make this week, I'm thinking it will be a hat & booties. I will, of course, post pictures when I'm done. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home